Thursday, April 3, 2008

Regular Dude Role Call

You know what's always frustrating? When extraordinary people settle for ordinary ones.

It's just not natural to look at.

I mean it's irritating down to the soul of an on-looker when a regular guy wins the heart of an amazing woman. It's the same typecast, run of the mill, nothing-special-going-on kind-of-guy that does it every time. You see it all too often. Hollywood's gotten rich off selling this very narrative to an unassuming audience seemingly okay with mediocrity. The guy the girl falls for can be found by the dozen on any random street at any given time in any country. It's like God stops giving a shit at times when he's making men every generation and goes to a mass producing general mold perfect for quick duplication to save time.

Don't misconstrue what I'm writing and think I'm vein enough to be exalting myself subliminally because believe me, I'm as normal and typical a guy as they come, I just hate to see my kind interfering with order of nature. Guys with some God-given ability or talent or gift or way of tapping into their partner in ways that transcend others' capacity I feel deserve to be with the trophy women they get. I can at least be happy for the couple in good conscious, but regular ass dudes who keep getting over on the world are getting annoying.

No comments: