Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I'm Just Saying...

For the record, I'm a Catholic.

I don't go to church every Sunday but I come through on all the Holy Days of Obligation.

I'd like to think me and God hold each other down when shit gets real. At least I know he's held up his end of the bargain. Lord only knows what I would do if they caught me on a tape in Iraq and I was captured on my knees (n/h) with the threat of beheading.

But all that aside, I think I liked Pope John Paul II way more than I like Pope Benedict XVI. [Quick Story John Paul II was shot back in the 80's, recovered, met with the guy that shot him, visited him in prison many times, ultimately forgives him but told him that while he personally forgave him and embraced him, that he must be punished for his sins and should face his prison term as part of his repentance. But that was the measure of the character of that man. No diss records, no "Hit 'Em Up verses" just love, even for those who would do harm to him. I had love for him. No joke]

Aside from this new pope taking more strong conservative stances than his predecessor, he just don't look like a nigga I would roll with.


He comes from a weird background with old Nazi ties. His eyes look like they're hiding something from people and if it all went down in the streets he doesn't look like he'd have your back. He look like he'd straight Pachanga you [Carlito's Way].

In every picture I've seen of him he looks like he's steadily plotting on someone's downfall.

From what I do know he's at least been guilty of wholesale coverups worldwide for more than a little while everytime a priest has been caught fucking little boys. I speak frank as you'll learn around here. Probably franker than you might be used to reading and I don't mean to demean any fellow Catholic brothers and sisters I may have reading this. I'm one of you. I'm proud of my faith. It's got me through many many tough times and will continue to do so but if you can tell me with a straight face that this guy looks normal or theirs someone in your crew or family or life that you know that looks anything like him than you need to re-evaluate your life.

Benedict has been in power for 2 years now and I remember when he was first named the new pope. I was hoping that the brother from Africa would be the new pope (surprise surprise) but when I saw it was his mug that emerged from the shadows I thought to myself 'I'm not really getting a good vibe from this guy but I'll give him a chance and see if he grows on me'. Well it's 2008 and he hasn't. You tell me if I'm wrong. He looks like he's pulling for Hillary. LOL.

No comments: