Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Alicia Keys In BLENDER Magazine

“‘Gangsta rap’ was a ploy to convince black people to kill each other,” she says, putting down the sandwich. “‘Gangsta rap’ didn’t exist.”

Come again? A ploy by whom?

She looks at us like it’s the dumbest question in the world. “The government.”


Alicia says Tupac and Biggie were essentially assassinated, their beefs stoked “by the government and the media, to stop another great black leader from existing.”
- Alicia Keys
Blender magazine May/June '08

Alicia providing us with our "Nigga Please" moment of the month. I've never been one to avoid calling the government's dirty work for what it is/was but this right here is some crazydumbniggashit. This is absolving blame from the dumb niggas responsible for their murders, who were just reckless enough to take the music out of it's proper context at the time and all of it's fictional nuances and make-believe corporate issued trumped up beefs between the two most visible artists of the time, too far. This here wasn't as sophisticated as Alicia imagines it out to be masterminded all the way up by the government.

Nah.

This shit right here was organized niggadry. Cut and dry. Sorry Alicia. I love me some you. Really, I do. But this isn't you. You should really get back to being fine and dropping a couple hot songs here and there and getting me amped up as a lead up to another album only to drop a disappointing 'mixed bag' of an effort when I buy it.

Well, you did give us some nice photos with these comments so it ain't all bad. In fact, if all it takes is for a magazine to let you say some wild shit every once and again to get more photos of you, then by all means keep dropping quotes.


























Yum. Now what I was scolding this goddess for again?.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alicia is a talented artist but I think it's pretty safe to say that she is an idiot.

I first read about her interview with Blender from my fellow blogger Juan Perez over on Highbrid Nation. I couldnt beleive it. I had always thought she was smart. Little did I know. In reality she is a cross between a Black Panther and a retard.

...she still looks good though ;).