Saturday, March 8, 2008

Where are they now (March 8th Edition Pt. 2)


My Brother & Me was the show. Might've been the GOAT show on Nickelodeon if it had more longevity. All I know is that shit was the 'Must See TV' NBC was talking about. There wasn't a kid with or without cable who wasn't up on it. You could poll a random room of 90s Nickleodeon watching twenty something year olds and probably get 4 different answers out of who they're voting for but almost to a man they'd agree on that show's greatness. We all had our opinions on the best episodes from the one where Kendall Gill guest starred to the one where Goo had punch (My favorite) but whichever your favorite episode was, that show had no bad episodes.

Anyway, Alfee, the main character used to be the man back in the day, right? Well damn he look different now. Time hasn't been overly kind to him as this photo shows. He looks like a cross between Charlie Murphy &
Fabo from D4L. I don't know what the hell he's doing as far as his acting career is concerned but he's a rapper now and goes by the stage name Showbizz (myspace.com/showbizness). I've never heard anything from the dude, but good luck on that hip hop career, Alfee. We're pulling for you here at HAWO. If nothing else you were the starting player on a championship team for Nick for years man. We respect and honor your contribution.



Dee Dee, Alfee's little brother, seems to have done real well for himself. He goes to Morehouse College and plays catcher for the baseball team there and is supposed to be a decent enough player. From everything I read dude seems to have a good head on his shoulders even despite this pic of his friends and him with some random white girl. Something just don't pass the smell test in this picture. I that looks like they're going to run a train on. Dee Dee, homie, you might want to keep this picture for your records, playboy in case this chick wanna hit you with a rape accusation. You know how they do, man. Have Atlanta looking like
Rosewood. You better hold onto this picture like it's your house key. Might be your get out of jail free card because in the pic it looks like she's clearly enjoying being around y'all and is with whatever you and your crew is planning for the night. Add that to the fact of how she's got a leg in the air like she's a cheerleader only there's no game going on. I see you Paris. I think the thing to key on in this picture are the two blue cups that I can promise you aren't holding Kool-Aid. Be careful, Dee Dee. Don't go anything Alfee wouldn't do. *Looks up at Alfee* On second thought, do exactly what Alfee wouldn't.

And then there's Deon. Always knew she was gonna be special when she grew up, just was late on figuring out who she became. I didn't make the connection between her on MTV and her as Deon from the show until 2005. No doubt the most successful since the show "Deon" is now 'Amanda Diva' the VJ/DJ/Songstress/Rapper/The Honorable 'Sass's Future Wife whose been holding down
MTV/MTV2/the airwaves and the new look revamped Floetry . Damn, though, I ain't know she was gonna turn out like THIS though. She finer than a mother-- well this is a family oriented blog, I won't say what she's fine as but she's definitely easy on the eyes. I don't even know why it's such a shocker when you see the girls of film and television from yesteryear and they're all grown up and pop up in somebody's music video like Rudy (Cosby Show) or Meagan Good or surface on some new show or movie like Journee Smollet or Raven Symone but it always catches you off guard. Like these people are supposed to go crawl into a spiderhole and live out the rest of their days like Saddamm. Like when you don't see them on television they're supposed to cease to exist. I mean the fact of the matter is, none of these people lived normal lives so they had to be extra extra strong motivated and strong willed. Anyway baby is fine. I saw some of these pics and I swear on my mama I needed to get up and walk out of the room, like I was watching Dwight Howard's 'Superman Dunk'. It pulls a reaction out of you to see this woman. Me and my cousin used to argue over who was finer, Deon or Melanie Parker (Alfee & Dee Dee's sister), he always went with Melanie and I went with Deon. I think we know who won and who took the loss in that argument now. Yeah she definitely needs her own post in the future on this blog because there just isn't enough time to fully give her the props she deserves in this "Where Are They Now" post. We'll revisit with her later in the month. Trust me.

Like I said, great show, great times and great opportunity it affords me to post this picture from possibly the best character on the show, Goo. And he always has and always will have a spot in my television character hall of fame. Somewhere in between Prop Joe and Paulie Walnuts, not quite as high as some of my all-time favorite characters but high enough. I don't know if I thought he'd look a lot different than what he looks now and I'm not sure if I'd want him to change. He might lose some of his goo-ness. That would be a bad thing. Listen if someone from Hollywood is out there reading this, hire this guy and give the world back it's goo. Can we get this guy some work? I mean seriously.

Almost forgot, even though she has nothing to do at all with the show, the daughter on Gullah Gullah Island is all grown up now and she is cute as well. Not quite Amanda Diva fine but I'm not kicking her off my couch if she wanted to sit and watch
Lost with me. She's 20 now and in college and definitely brings a surprise when you see her compared to the little girl you remember from the show. I was trying to give my viewing audience an update of the seldom seen Marisol from that show, but I've been unsuccessful so far. Lord knows she was on point back then, so there's no telling how bad she is now. My guess is that she'll turn up in some rappers video and have cats drooling on themselves like they put that needle in their arm with that Blue Magic. Hopefully she surfaces. Keep your fingers crossed and eyes open.



Oh yeah one last thing:









If God made something finer he kept it to himself. I'm too good to y'all ain't I?

No comments: