Sunday, March 23, 2008

Soulful Sunday

I absolutely love this picture and it's underlying symbols

  • There's Barack draped in black driving the establishment back on it's heels as represented by the white guy, lol. *
  • The white guy's awkward facial expression conveying the unease deeply seeded within the establishment as Barack moves towards his goal.
  • There's the basketball itself, red, white and blue in the momentary possession of Obama as he literally has it in the palm of his hands.
Powerful.

Just as the picture doesn't necessarily lead on the outcome of this play, we're left to ponder the impending resolution like Tony Soprano looking up as the screen cuts to black abruptly.

I'm proud either way.


Anyway....It's Easter. Dinner calls and I don't plan to leave him on hold for long.

Jill Scott - Crown Royal (Bonus Track)

Jill Scott - Come See Me
Roy Ayers - Gotta Find a Lover
New Birth - It's Been Such a Long Time

Enjoy.


*Note: I'm not characterizing the white guy as evil at all, just saying he fits the demographic of "the establishment". I know it's like picking low hanging fruit "to go there" but I'm gonna go ahead and run with that*

{How awesome is it that the next president of the United States of America wears Jordans?}

1 comment:

eclectik said...

Ha!
Hot flick of the new Big "O"
I'ma have to swipe that lol

Not a Jill fan but I dig the new Birth

Hot biz.

eclectik-relaxation.com