Sunday, March 2, 2008

Soulful Sunday

"Soulful Sunday" is the probably the most naturally alliterative generic gimmicky schtick a blog can have but until I come up with a better coin phrase or 15 minutes to brainstorm it'll have to do. There will be much R&B music posted, that I assure you, but Sunday is the only day I'm going to guarantee you that there will be plentiful R&B music posted. I know a lot of you are hip-hop heads and, to a large degree, I am too and so logically you'll wonder why I won't post Hip-Hop tracks and my answer is, there are a whole host of other sites that will get the Hip-Hop exclusives so much sooner than I ever possibly would or could so a word to the wise would be to visit: (NahRight) for all your Hip-Hop needs.

Now onto more pressing business....I'm reaching into the past for this lesser known/heralded song. Got that old classic, movie soundtrack build up. Great great song. Be educated and enjoy.

Artist: Al Green
Song: Something





Next couple songs are from an artist out of Ohio, very very talented young songstress that wears neo-soul better than any person I've seen on the female side since Badu & Jilly from Philly [Yeah I know Floetry deserves mention but I should stress I mean solo act]. She has a Jill influence but maintains her own lane. Her music is very smooth and the instrumentation is very complimentary to her voice. She does it right. Anyways she can sell it better than I can tell it so have a listen:


Artist: Conya Doss
Song: "Ain't Givin' Up"


Artist: Conya Doss
Song: Smile


and lastly

Artist: Conya Doss
Song: "The One"


Anyways, download, enjoy and if you like what you hear I encourage you to support the artists and come up off jacking entire albums. Buy the music. This is just a sample, you're not supposed to get high off the sample. LOL [Shouts to Fiddy!]

Enjoy.

No comments: