Sunday, March 23, 2008

Michelle Rodriguez


I'm always baffled by the lack of spotlight given to Michelle Rodriguez. She's not the most uber-talented actress on the big screen or small screen but I kind of enjoy her works in a guilty pleasure albeit biased sense. People are really sleeping hard on the woman and I really really can't say why for sure. I've seen ugly women with admittedly cartoonish bodies (ie Buffie the Body) court the flashes of cameras more frequently than M-Rod that are overall far less deserving which is astounding. We've all heard the rumors that she's [Michelle] wild and I get all that but you can't tell me she's the first woman to ever grace Hollywood with an attitude. I can deal with that. Anyways judging her against some of her contemporaries, I was never really all that enamored with Eva Longoria. I actually see her as overrated (I'm not trying to diss you Tony, don't send Bruce Bowen to bicycle kick me in my face for being honest). To each his own. Probably the overexposure of her that turned me off. Eva Mendez is cool but I never thought she was 'knock your socks off' beautiful either. Sexy? Absolutely. Training Day was probably the first and most jaw-dropping appearance and I've respected her hustle since. Really. But as a personal choice, if you're giving me my pick of the litter of Latina/Hispanic actresses I'm taking Michelle every single time. Who do you know as attractive, that's been in Tinseltown this long, co-starred in a few blockbusters that most every "Generation Next" demographic has seen, get overlooked as often as her? I dunno, maybe someone can explain it to me. Maybe 2008 is the year though.

Peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are 100% correct. Michelle is a "new breed" of female/actress and has potential to be on top in the industry. Even if you take out her legal mistakes, a lot of people just don't like her. I think it's because she has SO much presence that she steals the scene and people don't know how to handle that cuz so few actors have "that thing" anymore.

Rather than being open minded and enjoying what is a sort of modern day female James Dean, they hate or simply act indifferent. Their loss.

Anonymous said...

P.S. You're on the forefront. You "get it" about her. Stick to that, it'll pay off and you'll see her rising soon enough. ;)