Saturday, March 22, 2008

It's Getting Cold Between Us


Dear Jackie Frost,

I think it's time we see other people. Really. It's not you, it's me. You see, I'm black. It's not in my genetic makeup to be seen with you. Couples like us don't make it through. We become social experiments gone bad. Others stare at us and point and laugh and it makes me uncomfortable. Not to mention all the awkward times you pop up out of nowhere unannounced. It's all just too damn much. And when you do come over, you don't just want to hang out like other girls, no you want to come on in, grind snow all up in my carpet, tiptoe in my bed, and generally cause me discomfort. We've been talking on and off for the last couple months and I think it's been long enough to realize that we're just not compatible. We have nothing in common. I don't even consider myself shallow but I need someone hotter. I mean I thought you were cold in the beginning, really I did but somewhere along the line our relationship got icy and I don't even know how fast to take it with you when you're that way. I'm sliding all over the place trying to find the right speed.

You'll move on, to someone else, somewhere else around the world and begin a whole new saga and forget all about me. You meant something to me, no doubt but for now I'm going to have to see what else is out there. I just need some time and space. I'll try and check back in with you later this year once I've had time to miss you and Summer starts with her bullshit. I hope Global Warming doesn't start beating up on you like he did in the past. If he does, I'mma roll up on his ass with my boy Al and set him straight. Anyways, until next time.


P.S It's damn near April, GIVE IT A REST ALREADY!

No comments: