Sunday, March 16, 2008

Soulful Sunday

When I was a kid I always looked forward to the days when Mom made breakfast for dinner. I could never explain why that was but it was. I remember very distinctly that if it wasn't a school day that I wouldn't be in any hurry to wake up early to get breakfast. I always chose the sleep over the breakfast during the summer or on the weekends or holidays which is weird when you consider how much I looked forward to bacon, eggs and sausage for dinner like it was something different than what mom made in the mornings. Breakfast is a compromise you give your body for waking up earlier than you otherwise would. Compromise is good when conflict needs to be resolved but if you actually have the choice between rest and pancakes, always always always choose the rest. You sell yourself short if you roll with the breakfast. It's like chasing women instead of chasing money. To quote Curtis Jackson 'Get Paper, They Come With The Shit'. Not suggesting I'm any sort of sexist or misogynist but he may have a point there. Money is useful to have or at least as useful as sleep may be in keeping your mind focused on attaining what you chase or work towards during the day. After all, you could get a solid 8 house of sleep and be fresh as a daisy and sharp as a tack and figure out a way to get breakfast too. use that awareness to figure out a way to get breakfast at some point in the day.

Always chose the sleep.

Unless of course it's when it's a Soulful Sunday. Choose the music. Don't sleep.

Raheem DeVaughn - Breathe
Darien Brockington- Come On Over
Vikter Duplaix - Nothing Like Your Touch
Conya Doss - Sixth of June

1 comment:

eclectik said...

GREAT post!
Made me hungry and sleepy at the same time!

LOL

eclectik-relaxation.com