Tuesday, February 17, 2009

13 Year Old Boy Is Father Of Newborn

BOY dad Alfie Patten yesterday admitted he does not know how much nappies cost — but said: “I think it’s a lot.”
Baby-faced Alfie, who is 13 but looks more like eight, became a father four days ago when his girlfriend Chantelle Steadman gave birth to 7lb 3oz Maisie Roxanne.
He told how he and Chantelle, 15, decided against an abortion after discovering she was pregnant.
The shy lad, whose voice has not yet broken, said: “I thought it would be good to have a baby.
“I didn’t think about how we would afford it. I don’t really get pocket money. My dad sometimes gives me $22 or so.”
Alfie, who is just 4ft tall, added: “When my mom found out, I thought I was going to get in trouble. We wanted to have the baby but were worried how people would react.
“I didn’t know what it would be like to be a dad. I will be good, though, and care for it.”
Alfie's story, broken exclusively by The Sun today has sparked a huge political storm with Tory leader David Cameron saying: "When I saw these pictures this morning, I just thought how worrying that in Britain today children are having children.
"I hope that somehow these children grow up into responsible parents but the truth is parenthood is just not something they should be thinking about right now."

I'd laugh but this is seriously messed up and shows a lot wrong with the world we live in. This kid doesn't have a chance. Just around the time this 13 year old is turning 30, this kid will be grown and looking to go to State. "College? Negro I'm trying to buy a starter house."This is real life "Don't be a Menace To South Central While Drinking Your Juice In The Hood" stuff.

On the flip side, you have to wonder what they'd be saying if these kids were black. Regardless of color it's a sad commentary on parenting, values and what's being permissible in today's households. Without being too preachy and prudish, I will close this by saying my values are clearly different then this family's values. My values are the only values. I believe my way to be the right way, but not the only right way. But my way wouldn't lead to this mess. That's for sure.

No comments: