Friday, January 2, 2009

The Worst of KG (Video)

To tell the truth, I was a huge fan of Kevin Garnett before he came to the Boston Celtics for many years. In fact from memory, I can't recall a time where I've had anything to say about Kevin that wasn't flattering or complimentary. That's the God's honest truth. Recently, though he's become a bit of a punk and he shows what a female body part he has (use your imagination) too often for my liking. I'm not saying I can't credit him for the resurgence of my favorite basketball player Paul Pierce's career. If I'm telling the full story I'd have to tip my hat to him and Ray for re-energizing Pierce and taking some of the pressure night in and night out off of Paul's shoulders. I still believe Pierce is and has been the best player on the team but that's neither here nor there. The point is however, KG during this remarkable Celtics run has been quite good and has also been quite bad. He's not quite annoying enough to be in the "Alonzo Mourning of 2002-2006" category where Alonzo Mourning was the unquestioned undisputed prick of the league because Garnett does way more than 'Zo so some of the chest thumping is permissible but still there are MAJOR character flaws with KG that can't be overlooked.

So I came upon this video of a highlight reel of all the moments in KG's career that help prove my case. I mean he even tried to pick a fight with Tim Duncan, the NBA's Dali Llama. Duncan is by far the most docile, easy going mellow superstar in the league; Completely devoid of ego and KG even riles him up.

Watch this video and watch all the inconsistencies of KG's character on full display.

No comments: