Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Paul Pierce As Michael Corleone In The Godfather

Paul Pierce: Today Kobe Stans are dead to me. So is Phil Jackson. Antoine Walker. Rick Pitino. Kobe. Today I settled all family business so don’t tell me that you’re innocent. Admit what you did. Admit it you Kobe Cultists. You sided with the enemy. You said nobody is beating Kobe this season. Not me.…not anybody. It’s not so much what you said, but how you said it. Like you were in bed with him. Spooning him. Whispering sweet nothings in his ear. Whispering sweet nothings in Kobe Bryant’s ear about being on the level of Jordan.” Michael Jordan! You should be ashamed of yourself.

[Kobe Stan sobbing]

Paul Pierce: Get him a drink. Don't be afraid, Stanley. Come on, you think I'd make Kobe into the scapegoat? I'm Godfather to your Kobe.

[Kobe Stan gets handed a drink]

Paul Pierce
: Go ahead. Drink. Drink. No, you're out of the NBA prediction and prognosticating business, that's your punishment. You're finished. I'm putting you on a plane to Vegas. Doc?

[Doc Rivers hands Stanley the tickets]

Paul Pierce
: I want you to stay there, you understand?

[Kobe Stans nod]

Paul Pierce: Only don't tell me that you're innocent. Because it insults my intelligence and it makes me very angry.

No comments: